Melbourne-Bandung Innovation Series: Pitch Competition
Pitch Your Solution & Win!
The pitch competition will be open for applications at the end of the fourth and final session on 4th August 2021.
Pitch Your Solution
Pitch your solution to one of the four Shared City Challenges from our Innovation Series sessions:
- Inclusive Entrepreneurship: How might we better address the entrepreneurship challenges faced by underrepresented groups through innovative solutions that minimise barriers and increase access to opportunities?
- Resilience Innovations: How might we use innovative solutions to reduce the environmental impact on our cities and better prepare and adapt our cities to be resilient to natural disasters and climate change?
- Creative Approaches to Tourism: How might we use creative and innovative solutions to reimagine tourism/visitor experiences to reach new audiences and revitalise the tourism industry post-COVID?
- Public Health Innovation: How might we use innovative solutions to address public health challenges above and beyond COVID-19 by utilising approaches that were unearthed during the pandemic and can be applied ongoing into the future?
We are looking for submissions that
- Address one of the four Shared City Challenges covered in the Melbourne-Bandung Innovation Series.
- Propose solutions that have the potential to be applied to both Melbourne and Bandung (or Australia and Indonesia more broadly).
- Are new and innovative and may not have been trialled before in Melbourne, Bandung or the world.
- Are proactive solutions that are data and evidence-driven and have the ability to have an impact and deliver results.
- Be resident in either Melbourne or Bandung (or if you are submitting as a team, at least one member of your team must be resident in either Melbourne or Bandung).
- Be aged 18 years or over
- Have registered and/or attended at least two of the four sessions in the Melbourne-Bandung Innovation Series.
- Not be a member of the Judging Panel, nor an employee of City of Melbourne, SPARK Deakin, Greater Hub/ITB or anyone otherwise connected with organising or judging the Competition.
Participants must demonstrate the merit of their proposal against the competition evaluation criteria.
|Competition applications open||4 August|
|Competition applications close||1 September|
|Pitch Showcase event||Week of 11th October|
We have a number of great prizes on offer tailored to your solution’s development stage. Winners will have access to cash, support services, international mentoring opportunities and more to help take your concept global.
To help you develop the best solutions for our shared city challenges, we provide you with support resources. Refer to each session’s page to read the recap, OR fill out this form to gain access to our session’s video recording.
This competition is a part of the 2021 Melbourne-Bandung Innovation Series