Connect, innovate, and thrive!
Lihat dalam Bahasa Indonesia
Innovation Series is a past program running from March to August 2021. Pages will be updated with Media releases and others.
Following these times of unprecedented disruption, the need to innovate and adapt has become even more critical. While the COVID-19 pandemic has closed borders and kept us physically apart, it has also highlighted the many shared challenges we face across countries and emphasised that, now more than ever, we need to look for opportunities to collaborate and learn from each other.
Melbourne and Bandung are both fortunate to be home to leading universities and established ecosystems of innovators and entrepreneurs which strengthen our ability to innovate and rapidly respond and change.
This year, we’ve joined forces with The City of Melbourne and The Greater Hub at the School of Business & Management, Institute of Technology Bandung (Indonesia) to deliver this four-part interactive virtual series addressing some of Melbourne and Bandung’s Shared City Challenges.
We’ll hear from trailblazing entrepreneurs from each city who will share their innovation stories.
Attend the interactive webinar sessions happening throughout the year and compete in the Pitch Competition to win from a prize pool of cash and exciting perks to help you bring your idea to the next level.
The sessions will give attendees a unique opportunity to hear how leaders and innovators from Melbourne and Bandung have tackled Shared City Challenges, ask them questions, and explore different approaches and key lessons learned through innovation.
SPARK Deakin would like to thank our collaborators within Deakin who provided support for this project: the Deakin Indonesia Office, Deakin International, Prof. Alexander Newman, Prof. Steven Gardner, and Dr. Monika Winarnita, Indonesian Studies at Deakin.
Shared City Challenges
Be sure to mark these dates in your calendar!
Session 1 | 30 March | Inclusive entrepreneurship
- How might we better address the entrepreneurship challenges faced by underrepresented groups through innovative solutions that minimise barriers and increase access to opportunities?
Session 2 | 28 April | Resilience Innovations [MKW 2021]
- How might we use innovative solutions to reduce the environmental impact on our cities and better prepare and adapt our cities to be resilient to natural disasters and climate change?
(This session will be a part of Melbourne Knowledge Week)
Session 3 | 7 July | Creative approaches to tourism
- How might we use creative and innovative solutions to reimagine tourism/visitor experiences to reach new audiences and revitalise the tourism industry post-COVID?
Session 4 | 4 August | Public health innovation
- How might we use innovative solutions to address public health challenges above and beyond COVID-19 by utilising approaches that were unearthed during the pandemic and can be applied ongoing into the future?
Pitch Showcase Event
- Six finalists from both Melbourne and Bandung will present their innovative ideas responding to our shared city challenges. The winners will be announced at the end of the Showcase event! If you want to attend and watch them live, register below!
Meet some of the speakers from the Innovation Series
The Pitch Competition
Our six finalists representing Melbourne and Bandung innovative ideas will showcase their ideas as part of MBIS Pitch Competition Showcase Event on 13 October 2021, 4.30 PM AEDT / 12.30 WIB
Check our Pitch Competition Webpage to see who are the shortlisted finalists here!
Attend Showcase Event - Register Here