Full time job at Amber: Head of Growth
There's been some great Aussie innovations, except for how we get our power. We're here to change that ✊Start saving with wholesale electricity prices and use power at cheaper, greener times ⚡Sign up to our waitlist: www.amberelectric.com.au
Posted by Amber Electric on Thursday, 16 January 2020
We are growing rapidly and have thousands of customers who love what we are doing and a great product that will play a significant role in driving Australia towards a renewable future. We are backed by Australia’s leading VCs including Square Peg Capital, Giant Leap (Impact Investment Group) and Black Sheep Capital. We’re now at a critical moment in taking the business to real scale as we disrupt a huge market for the better.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and a great culture of people who love coming to work to build a better world. You’d be a part of a rapidly growing team of 20 with expertise across energy, technology, marketing, and operations.
About the Role
As the Head of Growth you will be taking ownership of the performance of the marketing team and building our marketing engine to rapidly take Amber to 100,000+ customers.
You’ll take a hypothesis-led and data driven approach to test new creative ideas, new channels and new audiences. You’ll build a culture of rapid iteration to optimise every aspect of the marketing funnel. You’ll scale up our existing performance marketing channels, maximise our viral growth and think creatively to open up new channels that we haven’t even considered. You’ll take calculated risks on bold, creative ideas. You’ll work with our technology team to ensure our website, sign up flow, app and referral program is optimised to create a delightful customer experience that minimises friction and maximises our referral rate. You’ll work with our Brand Strategy Advisor to ensure that we build a brand that people love and everything we do is consistent with our brand strategy. You’ll ensure we are putting the right message in front of the right people at the right time to ensure we are not only minimising our CACs and maximising our growth rate, but also maximising our NPS and LTV.
You’ll mentor, develop and manage the Performance Marketing Manager, CX Manager and Lead Support Consultant and will continue to rapidly grow the team to support continued growth in the business. You’ll report directly to the Co-CEO and will be a key member of the Executive where you will contribute significantly to Amber’s overall strategy.
- Lead, develop and expand the marketing team
- Develop and execute the marketing strategy including:
– Scaling up our performance marketing channels dramatically
– Building out our referral program as key driver of growth
– Testing and developing our affiliate partner program
– Developing new channels that you dream up
- Developing the data reporting systems, marketing analytics and attribution models to draw out the insight from the marketing data in order to provide rapid feedback on which new creative, audiences and marketing funnel improvements are working.
- Based on these insights, guide the team to rapidly develop hypotheses of new creative ideas to test each month by building a rigorous test and learn system to continuously improve every aspect of the marketing funnel.
- Oversee the optimisation of the entire customer experience to ensure that customers have a delightful experience that they tell their friends about.
- Lead the implementation of a scalable CRM / email marketing solution.
- Collaborate with the product team to prioritise and scope initiatives to ensure our website, sign up flow, app and referral program is optimised to maximise conversion rates and referral rates.
- Work with our Brand Strategy Advisor to develop a brand that customers connect with and ensure that all creative and copy across all touchpoints is building this brand love.
- Build a world class data-led marketing team
- Build a predictable marketing engine that can deliver 100k+ customers at industry leading customer acquisition costs.
- Build a brand that customers love and a customer experience that delivers high NPS, low churn and prompts organic word of mouth.
- You have 8+ years experience working in high performing marketing/growth teams – including several years building and leading high performance marketing teams in fast growth environments with proven results.
- You are energised by the challenge of rapidly scaling a high growth business where your work will make a huge impact.
- You love numbers and identifying the stories they tell. You’re a data driven growth marketer with a deep experience in performance marketing.
- You already have creative ideas to improve our acquisition costs, that you can’t wait to test.
- You thrive in uncertain situations but are always trying to put structure around things.
- You’re a strategic, systems thinker who gets satisfaction from compounding small improvements.
- You have experience working with product teams and translating consumer insights into development tasks.
- You have experience working with creatives teams and building a successful consumer brand.
- You’re equally comfortable leading the team and rolling up your sleeves and digging into the detail yourself.
- You’re a clear communicator with the ability to explain, argue, and convince a wide cross-section of stakeholders about your ideas.
- You have broad experience and worldviews that adds a critical perspective to the overall company executive team.
- You care deeply about the people you work with and building an inclusive workplace.
- You’re passionate about changing the world and driving Australia towards 100% renewable energy.
Salary & Equity:
As soon as possible
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com . Please add your full name and the role you’re applying for in the subject line of your email i.e Lucy Smith – Head of Growth
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- What do you think is most critical in building a world-class growth marketing team?
- Tell us a bold, creative idea that you’d love to test if you were offered this role.
- What’s the most important insight you have into performance marketing that most people miss?