We’re on Hopin for Demo Day
Hey! This is Diletta, Marketing & Partnerships Coordinator at SPARK Deakin and I am the Event Producer behind Accelerator Demo Day 2020. We chose to use Hopin because it’s an awesome event platform that’s designed to make it easy for you to connect with the hosts, speakers, and other attendees.
In good company
We’re really excited to be joining an awesome list of hosts who have ran virtual events on Hopin.to! Just last week, TechCrunch hosted their Disrupt Conference on Hopin. Other businesses and organisations who have used Hopin include The United Nations, Wall Street Journal, The Guardian, Progress Australia, and more (see the full list here).
Uhh, how does this thing work?
Now, we totally get it! Jumping on a new platform can be a bit annoying at first. That’s why I’m here to walk you through it. Simply follow my instructions below:
1. Get a ticket
The first thing to do in order to access Demo Day is to grab yourself a ticket. To do that, you simply need to head to this link and register!
2. Get familiar with the venue
Note: We recommend joining using desktop (Chrome or Firefox).
I like comparing Hopin to an actual conference centre. You’ve got a reception area, Main Stage, Networking Area, Expo Booths. Check out the map I’ve made below, and you’ll be a pro in no time:
- Reception – This is where you will land when you enter the event. It’s like the main lobby of a conference venue. Underneath the event banner, you’ll be able to see some information about the event schedule.
- Main Stage – This is where most of the Demo Day magic will be happening. Watch all the action here! You will only be able to see the speakers, however, you can actively participate through the chat function.
- Networking – The online venue will open 30-min before the actual event start time so you can test out the Networking feature if you’d like. Simply click here to randomly meet another attendee and have a chat!
- Expo – At the Expo area, you’ll get to meet directly with the startups. Simply jump in to talk to them. You can communicate via chat or put your Camera + Audio on and speak face to face with them! We’ve allocated 15-mins at the end of the event for all guests to go visit the Expo booths.
- Your Profile – OK, this is probably one of the most important event functions. You can update your profile before you join. Add a display picture and information about you so other event-goers can identify you, connect, and learn about what you do!
- Chat – Use this function to communicate publicly with other event-goers. You can select ‘Event’ to chat with everyone attending or if you are at the Main Stage, simply choose the ‘Stage’ tab so that your message only goes out to other people in the Main Stage.
- People – Under this tab, you’ll be able to see all the other event-goers and their profiles. You can also send a direct-message to anyone else at the event and invite them to a 1:1 video call. I know – so cool!
Still not so sure? Watch this attendee walk through video by Dave Schools, the Founder of Hopin.
Having trouble with your Camera + Audio? Troubleshoot here.
Here to help you on the day
I’ll be on duty at Demo Day helping you guys figure out any potential issues you might be encountering on Hopin. Simply hit the ‘People’ tab and look for my name ‘Diletta Legowo’ and slide into my Hopin DM’s. My avatar below should be easy for you to spot!